WE WILL BE GETTING BACK TO BASICS AND THEN ADDING PROGRESSIONS EACH WEEK:
TO GET US STARTED
We will be seeing where each athlete is in the scheme of progressions which will give me a better idea of how to program for the following classes. This is probably the most important class to do in order to know where you are - however, the class is not necessary and the Gymnastic classes can be taken anytime throughout the month. All progressions are based on beginner, intermediate and advanced so that each athlete starts where there ability lies. Thanks.
- FORWARD ROLLS (TUCK/STRADDLE/PIKE)
- HANDSTANDS PROGRESSIONS (APPROACH & DISMOUNTS)
- WEIGHT TRANSFER DRILLS
- HANDSTAND WALKING LATERAL/FORWARD & BACKWARD
- HANDSTAND PIROUETTES
- HANDSTAND ROLL DOWNS
ALL MOVEMENTS CAN BE MODIFIED.
WE WILL BE WORKING WITH A 3-TIERED SYSTEM LIKE WE DID WITH BARS.
- 1ST TIER WILL BE BEGINNING PROGRESSIONS
- 2ND TIER WILL BE A LITTLE MORE ADVANCED
- 3RD TIER WILL BE THE START OF ADDING MORE DIFFICULT MOVEMENTS