We had a pretty exciting week.
Since Mike has been back from his Mobility Cert, he's been really focusing on helping us all get/stay supple for the wods.
One of the parts Mike has focused on recently is the upper thoracic. This is one place we all can use some ideas on mobility. Give Tim Jackson a shout out who works on his mobility at his desk at work using a ginormous candy-cane to do his Burgener and work on shoulder/upper thoracic mobility. Whatever works dude -- and it shows that you have been doing the work!!
Although we try to leave enough time for a group stretch at the end of each WOD, it is also up to each of you to take control and responsibility for stretching and working on your own mobility. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. We will give you as many ideas and stretches we can to achieve your goal. Remember, the more you stay supple, the less injuries you will endure. Our tight hamstrings, quads, etc. can cause knee pain, just as shoulder and neck tightness can cause elbow and wrist pain. Our bodies are magnificent; it is up to us to keep it moving efficiently.
We have finished another cycle of the Wendler program and started another this week -- It was one-rep max week and we kicked the week off right.
We had so many PRs, it will be hard to mention all of them --- Let's give it a try........
- Tim Jackson PRd all his lifts this week (will probably hit the 300lb DL next cycle)
- Carrie Wurm PRd back squat with 190lbs
- Everyone in the morning crew PRd back squats and some with shoulder presses
- Ryan Hetz PRd back squat - 225lbs
- Stephanie Barbagallo PRd bench - 135lbs
- Neil Beck PRd bench - 255lbs
- Bobby Lombard PRd deadlift - 325lbs
- Adam Aleto PRd back squat - 310lbs, bench - 210lbs, deadlift - 385lbs
- Erin Sabourin O'Hara - never benched before - PRd 40lbs
- Brandon Thoma PRd deadlift - 350lbs
- Jackson Basler PRd deadlift by 20lbs - 155lbs
- Tonia Boswell PRd deadlift at 165lbs
- Katarina Kutilek & Tegan Wylde PRd deadlift with 140lbs
- Keve Been PRd deadlift by 20lbs
- Dean Hunt PRd deadlift by 20lbs
- Chris Roberts PRd bench
- Missy Olds PRd deadlift by 60lbs
- Laurel Been PRd deadlift - 170lbs
If anyone was missed, let us know. (Remember to keep us updated on the weekly news from different classes -- thanks)
Keep up the great work everyone! Can't wait to see what the end of this cycle brings. We have seen significant gains in strength. We have a bunch in the 200+, 300+ clubs and about to start hitting that 400 mark. Fantastic!!!
School's out for the summer for most people this week. Let the Fun Begin!! Remember our day hours 9am & 1030am Mon-Wed-Fri and Noon every day.